Why spay or neuter?
- Pet overpopulation!
- Between six and eight million dogs and cats enter U.S. shelters every year.
- Spay/Neuter is a proven way to reduce pet overpopulation, ensuring that every pet has a family to love them.
- Let us know of any wild/stray cats that are not yet fixed, we may have grant funding available to help get them fixed. Fill out the form below for cat spay/neuter.
We offer transport to low cost cat and dog spay/neuter clinics for low income households. These clinics are usually available a few times a month. We can also spay/neuter for stray and feral cat caretakers, regardless of income.
March 2021 UPDATE: The clinic we use is opened at half capacity during COVID-19. We are working through the waitlist of animals. There are other options available if you need your animal spayed/neutered sooner than we can get them in, please read below.
Click link below for income guidelines and clinic prices.
Cats & Dogs Under 90 Pounds
Follow the link to fill out either the Cat or Dog spay/neuter forms below to get on the list for the next available clinic.
Cat Spay/Neuter Request Form
Fill out this online form to get on the clinic wait list: https://forms.gle/VLa2ZhGHzn7V3rez9
Dog Spay/Neuter Request Form
Fill out this online form to get on the clinic wait list: https://forms.gle/dujWjoagDM6Fe1MV7
If you would rather take your animal to the spay neuter clinic yourself instead of using PAWS transport services, please call the clinic directly to make an appointment: Prevent Homeless Pets, Benton City, Washington, 509-497-1133. Scheduling is handled by volunteers, it may take a few days to return your call.
Dogs 90 Pounds and Over
We recommend contacting Prevent Homeless Pets directly. They are located in Benton City, Washington. Prevent Homeless Pets may have availability to spay or neuter your dog at a lower cost.
If you don’t qualify for low income spay/neuter or if you want to get an appointment sooner than our schedule allows, here are some lower cost clinics:
- Kennedy Vet in Milton-Freewater, OR 541-938-9306
- Hansen Veterinary Services in Lexington, OR 541-561-2941 (mobile clinic that travels through Eastern Oregon)
- The Fix Machine in Kennewick, WA 509-987-1738