We currently rely on volunteers to keep the shelter open! We have yet to identify a funding source to pay for staff, so everything is done with the generous support of our volunteers!
Right now we can use dedicated volunteers to:
- exercise and play with dogs and cats
- clean up after the animals on a dedicated schedule
- help sort and price donated items for our thrift store
- foster animals
- clean/yard care around the site of the building
- transport cats to spay/neuter clinics
- transport animals to adoption events in Walla Walla and Tri-cities
- clean carriers/traps that are used to transport feral cats for spay/neuter
- participate on a committe (some include fundraising, membership, sponsorship, education)
Call us at 541-276-0181 if you have extra time or fundraising ideas!
You will be required to fill out a Volunteer Application and Survey, which can be downloaded and printed from the link below.
Adobe Reader is required to open and print this application. If you do not have Adobe Reader on your computer, you can download it here.