Please click this link for details of the job announcement and application: SHELTER MANAGER
Title: Shelter Manager
Job Summary: Oversee shelter operations.
Supervisor: Board President
- Treat all animals both on and off the job humanely. You are a representative of the PHS/PAWS even when not at work.
- Follow all PHS/PAWS Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and protocols.
- Oversee day to day facility operations.
- Oversee all aspects of Shelter staff including: employment, assignments, supervision, evaluation and discipline.
- Facilitate transportation of all animals to/from shelter (including vets, foster homes, to other shelters, pet stores, and special events).
- Coordinate with office staff, website/social media contact, food distribution contact and others in regard to needed shelter supplies and staff needs.
- Ensure all new staff and volunteers are given training on animal care and shelter procedures using the PHS/PAWS Manual of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Review with Animal Care staff the status of animals in foster care.
- Monitor available space in shelter and assign animals to appropriate kennels and condos inside and outside the shelter in coordination with Animal Care staff.
- Ensure any monies received are receipted and routed according to treasurer’s specifications.
- Provide shelter report monthly to board (in writing or in person).
- Works with PHS Board to develop and maintain a strategic planning process with long-range and/or short-range goals and objectives.
- Must have knowledge of a computer, various printers, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, digital camera and credit card machine.
- Work during the day with some weekend and/or evening hours as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.